About Greenlyfe Nutrition
We at Greenlyfe Nutrition are committed to helping you reach the healthiest version of yourself by incorporating wholesome plant-based foods into your lifestyle. We will guide you step-by-step through the journey using evidence-based guidelines to a sustainable and healthy future. We offer the following services:
- Medical nutrition therapy for chronic disease management
- Weight management
- Nutrition counseling to incorporate more whole food plant-based solutions
We get that transitioning to a plant-based diet poses unique challenges – that’s why we’re able to meet you where you’re at and offer unique guidance. We’ll provide personalized guidance and support to ensure a streamlined and successful journey to sustaining a long-term plant-based lifestyle.
Shoba Balaji MS,RDN, LDN
Professional Organization Membership
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diabetes Dietetic Practice Group
- Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- First Coast Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group
- Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) Commission of Dietetic Registration, The credentialing agency for the Academy Of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN), Florida
- ServSafe Manager Certification, National Restaurant Association
- Certificate Of Training in Adult Malnutrition, ABBOTT Nutrition Health Institute
Why Choose Us?
1. Master’s Degree from Framingham State University, Framingham, MA which is an accredited university.
2.Received a verification statement from Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC which is an ACEND-accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD).
3.Completed ACEND-Accredited Dietetic Internship program
4.Pass the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) credentialing exam.
5.Obtained LDN State Licensure from the State of Florida.
6.Maintain ongoing continuing education
What drove me to become an RD was my desire to spread my generational knowledge of plant-based food. I was struck by the lack of culturally appropriate dietetic care to cater to my family, friends, and clients who follow a plant-based diet; the educational knowledge and experience combined with what my family has been practicing for many generations help me to come up with solutions that can be effective and sustainable.
Every time my family or I went to the dietitian I would research and find out foods that can be more culturally acceptable. I understand the frustration for someone starting out new in the plant-based journey and will be able to assist in their journey. I have lived and interacted with people from different regions and cultures in the USA and can relate to people from different backgrounds, which will be an asset to find a culturally appropriate dietary intervention to manage health..